No update from SCI but we are starting week 28, which is generally known as the end of second trimester, and we are very thankful for it. Although I feel for twin pregnancies the third trimester should be earlier! Time is definitely flying by as past few weeks have been quite hectic with multiple small and large projects happening in parallel. August madness is in full swing!
Fred, for the arrival of his twin boys. On Sunday I had a pleasant and surprising Facetime session with him and got to see the little Chase and Camden. They are simply adorable babies!! We
have been in touch for months and so happy to see him becoming father. I
always looked up to Fred for his advice as he was 9 weeks ahead of us.
Now feeling the pressure that we are getting closer!
Here are some updates since my last posting:
I shared the news with my boss and coworkers. The support has been
wonderful. I'm working on planning my backup while I'm away on paternity
leave (hopefully for 12 weeks).
• Fixing the apartment took longer than expected but finishing this week.
• Purging the house to make room for the babies stuff. This is painful!
Last week I had to resign from my condo board membership as I won't
have time anymore. Working on transitioning my responsibilities to
pediatricians in our neighborhood and most likely going with TriBeCa
Pediatrics which is in walking distance to us. We are attending their
orientation / introduction session next month.
• Have signed up for CPR and Safety course - August 22.
• Have signed up for Essential Baby Care course - September 5.
• Introduced ourselves to the US embassy in Delhi and received a link with step by step info for the exit process.
Started the DNA testing process by reaching to Chromosomal Lab in Arizona.
Melissa Valmonte has been very helpful. Thanks to all who recommended
• Have started research on buying a car and hopefully will start test driving soon.
• Setup baby registries at Amazon and BuyBuyBaby.
Our baby shower is set for August 17, and our wonderful friends have
been very hard at work. We are grateful for their effort.
Have created the list of baby items to buy but wanted to wait until after
shower. The bigger items like stroller and car seats and the cribs will
require more research and comparison shopping.
• Have started looking into setting up a will with a lawyer.
• Making travel arrangements seem too early at this point. But we are aiming to be in Delhi by week 37 which is October 13. That's when the babies are considered full-term. But I know we have to be flexible. So we will think about that in September. For airline tickets, we'll look for direct flights from NY to Delhi either with United Airlines or Air India.
If we should be aware
of anything else at this stage, please provide your feedback or email us
directly. We appreciate everyone's support, and I hope my checklist can
help the IPs behind us in their journey. Please reach out if you have any
when people hear our news they usually give us such advice: "get plenty
of sleep; take some vacation; go to nice restaurants now!!" My response
to them: "I have rested, vacationed and dined for too long!"
LOL Cannot be more than ready for this new chapter of our lives. Maybe I
will sing a different tune next year at this time? :)
Our next scan is due in less than 2 weeks. Happy August everyone.